According to CNNMoney, Washington, D.C. was named the most attractive area to move into for 2011.
United Van Lines annual migration studycalcualted that nearly twice as many Americans moved to Washington, D.C. “making it the most migrated destination in the nation for the fourth year in a row.”
There are many reasons on why one would move in the first place but the most common reason today is for employment. The DC, MD, VA area have the advantage of being close to the nations capital where our government body resides.
“The federal government hired about 150,000 workers, not including postal employees, since 2008, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Many of the new jobs were in D.C. and the surrounding areas in Northern Virginia and Maryland. And government salaries have been increasing, sometimes dramatically, drawing in many affluent professionals — the kind likely to hire a large, full-service mover like United — to the area.”
Questions or comments? Feel free in contacting me
I can help you:
– Search the Arlington Virginia Homes for Sale
– Receive listings of homes for sale as soon as they hit the market
– Determine your home’s value
– Search for Arlington homes, condos, and townhomes for sale by metro stop
– Arlington VA condos for Sale – Clarendon Condos for sale
– Relocating to Arlington, VA
OnToplist is optimized by SEO
Add blog to our blog directory.